SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 24TH 12-2 PM
GATHER AT NOON AT MELLON PARK (5TH AND PENN AVE)
MARCH DOWN PENN AT 12:30,
RALLY AT EAST LIBERTY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH UNTIL 2
- that Public transit face no more cuts!
- that transit service in Allegheny County be restored to pre-March 27th levels!
- that public transit be expanded and improved!
- that our public transit NOT be privatized: keep public transit public!
- that transit be permanently and reliably funded!
- that our transit workers and their union be defended!
Nothing has changed since March. The Federal, Pennsylvania, and local governments are all facing budget shortfalls, and the 'leadership' of these bodies wants to present the bill for this crisis (which was caused by the rich and the bosses) to working people in the form of service cuts, fare hikes, and layoffs. The possibility of even more severe cuts in the near future remains very real.
Nearly 600 people joined us in Squirrel Hill to demonstrate against the cuts last March. We need YOU to join us on September 24th to send a message: we will tolerate no more cuts to our public transit!
Sponsored by: Pittsburghers for Public Transit, ATU Local 85, Western PA We Are One Coalition
Questions? Want to help?